Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Visit Matty if you can, please! Please!

To start with, a reminder to please, please, please, if you have 5 minutes, check on Matty and his awesome family! www.caringbridge.org/visit/matty This kid is just ... amazing. There are dozens of ways to say it - inspirational, courageous, graceful, angelic, full of fight - and "amazing" seems simple, but I think it's just the simple honest truth. Matty and his family are simply amazing.
Not much going on here. Monday (? I think ...!) Christine and I went looking for a fish tank for her, and I ended up coming home with a new budgie, named Micka. Micka is the chemical element for black or something (?? I don't know ... this is what Chrissie told me) or means black in science terms, and since Micka is all white (not a speck of colour anywhere on his body but white!) Christine (who brought him for me) thought that would be a good name. So now I have Henry, Georgie, Milly, and Micka. He seems to be settling in well, a little quiet, but no feathers have flown yet so it's all good.
I seem to go between total depression and bits of "ok-ness" - I don't know how else to describe it. Most of the time I'm really, really down, and I just don't care about anything, but occasionally I will laugh or smile at something. The weight of the world really does seem to be on my shoulders.
iPod has been sold ... I'll be saying good-bye to Toonz as soon as the money comes in ... god, that just sucks! He keeps me company at 3 a.m. when I can't sleep, or at 1 p.m. when I just start crying for no reason ... I worked my arse off to save up the money to buy him ... and now I gotta say goodbye. At least I got back most of the money I paid for him ($200 - i paid $299) and that will be a massive help with rent. I brought a new one on e-bay - a cheaper, smaller, less memory, one. Better than nothing, I guess.
Have to go put a cheque in the bank this afternoon - got $30 from www.emailcash.com.au, which arrived this morning, so that will also help. Then I'll come home and do the job search thing again.
Anyway, that's about it from here. "Later, dudes!"

No comments: