Sunday, August 12, 2007

We're taking over! Look out!

I am exhausted.
Today marks 11 days straight that I have worked. And I still have another 5 before I get a day off. For someone who hasn't worked in almost 4 months (Who am I kidding? Not only have I not been working, I've been doing bugger all!) it's an adjustment :o)
Tomorrow morning, at 8:30 am, Sweet Explosions is launching a hostile takeover (*lol*).
Well ... Sort of.
In the KFMC, we are in a kiosk. Directly across from us is a cafe. The owner of this cafe has, for some time, been unhappy with the staff, the way the business is run, etc. But he doesn't have the time to invest in the business. So last week, he rang Heather (my boss) and said "You want the cafe? From Monday, it's yours." He'd had enough.
Now, the cafe staff ... Firstly, most of them have been horrible to us, because they see as us competition. Which, ok, I can understand. But that's no reason to be rude, or bitchy. I haven't had much of a problem - but they've been horrible to Heather (and that I've actually seen happen).
Secondly - they have got no common sense. Yesterday morning, I started at 10. In the cafe, they had 7 people working when I started. It was nowhere near busy enough to need that many people. It was just throwing money away on wages - this is one of the main reasons the owner has had enough. Not only are they wasting money - they're giving away free food to friends and family.
So, yeah. Tomorrow morning, Sweet Explosions takes over ownership of the cafe.
But guess what?
The cafe staff? Absolutely no idea about what's going to happen.
No. Idea.

It's going to be interesting! The meeting/takeover time was scheduled for 9 a.m. Tonight I got a message from Casey (one of the girls I work with) saying it's been moved to 8:30. Can I just say ... Thank God.
I'm not starting work until 9. I have a feeling that it's going to get ugly. The owner thinks that most of the staff will walk out/quit, or cause trouble. I do not want to be there for that! I really don't do conflict well! So I'm hoping that when I wander in at 9, that it'll all be over :o) That's probably wishful thinking but I can hope, can't I??!!

Anyway, it's almost 10:30, and I gotta be up at 6, so I'm out. I'll let you know how it goes :o)
Peace, love and laughter guys!

No comments: