Thursday, August 09, 2007

ChemoAngel Rach ...

Somewhere out there, in the big wide world, is *my* cancer patient.

Wondering what the hell I'm on about?

Allow me to explain. Last week, I applied to become a ChemoAngel. ChemoAngels are people who support cancer patients through chemo (you guessed that, didn't you?...), by sending a cards, letters, or little presents at least once a week, for the duration of the patients cancer treatment. It could be for 3 months, it could be for 18 months.

I'm not sure why I applied. It's just something I wanted to do. I have no personal experience with cancer, but 'meeting' the CB kids, and seeing what they go through has made me realise that cancer, quite simply, sucks. It really, really sucks. So I wanted to do something to make it easier for someone.

So I applied, and was accepted, and now I'm waiting to be assigned a patient. It can take anywhere from 3 - 6 weeks to receive your "assignment" (Why does that sound like something James Bond would receive?). I'm looking foward to it. I hope I get an Aussie :o)

Anyway, that's about it for tonight. Short entry :o) But I'm waaaay tired, and I gotta work again tomorrow. Take care guys. Peace, love and laughter. I'm out.

No comments: