Thursday, July 05, 2007

Random Mutterings ... #5

So, the other day, Christine was telling me about Jason, who said he was going to call on a certain day, then didn't call. However, when he did call, he made up an excuse, which was clearly a lie, about why he hadn't called.
This is something I cannot stand. And last night, something similar happened to me. Someone has lied to me, and I cannot understand why.
Now, this won't be a rant, I promise. Or, if it is a rant, I will make it a little one :o) I just can't understand why people who say they'll call/talk/visit/do something on a certain day or at a certain time, then feel that they have to lie if they don't follow through.
Now, fair enough if something comes up, and you genuinely can't follow through on your promise. Things happen, right? Sometimes things come up or something happens unexpectedly, and it changes things. And that's cool. If it's genuine, then of course you get that, you'll understand things, and there's no problem.
But when someone tells you what is obviously a lie ... Well ... I just do not get that! Why not just be honest? "Ok, I didn't call/visit last night because I was busy/didn't feel like talking/went out with friends". How hard is that? I'm not going to hate you. I'm not going to yell, or get angry. I am going to respect you however, if you tell the truth. If you're honest. How hard is it?

*~*~*

It is freezing here today. It's been raining fairly steadily all morning. When I came home after JST at 12:30, I looked at the temp/time thing they have over the Bendigo Bank, and it was 6 degrees! 6! *lol* It was freaking freezing, and I was walking into the wind and rain, which wasn't fun! :o)

*~*~*

Anyone have any ideas on my speech for Ryan's naming day?. I've got nothin'! Anyone? Please? ... Help ...! *lmao* ... I have nothing but the first line. I 'googled' and ask.com'd "baby naming day speeches" ... And I got ... Nothin'! Someone help me! If you have any ideas, leave me a comment, or email me :o)

*~*~*

Tomorrow ... Trial shift at the cafe, which means no JST, which means *Sleep In*! Trial isn't starting til 12, so I don't have to get out til 9:30 or 10. Woo hoo! :o)

*~*~*

NSW won Origin 3 last night. Of course, it didn't matter, since the series had already been decided after Game 2, but it was nice that the series wasn't a whitewash. It was a close game for about 70 minutes, but in the 71st and 78th minutes, NSW scored tries, which blew the score out to 18-4. A lot of controversy today about whether Dallas Johnstone (Johnson?) from QLD should have been allowed back on the ground after he was knocked out in the first minute. He went in for a tackle, and ended up flat on his back. When he finally got up, you could tell he barely knew where he was. He ended up getting back into the game, which has a lot of people asking "What the hell, Queensland team doctors?!" The QLD team doctors say he was cleared to go back onto the ground, and passed all their tests, but Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy (who's Dallas's normal coach) raised an interesting point when he asked if the QLD team doctors would have put him back on the field if he was their son. I thought that was a good point to make. Hopefully Dallas can back up for the Storm's game this weekend without any ill effects.

*~*~*

Personally, today is a pretty crappy day for me. It was 5 years ago today that I lost two mates in a car accident. They were coming home from Uni together on a Friday night, when they hit an oil spill on the road as it started raining. It was no one's fault, there was no stupidity or reckless driving involved, it was truly an accident. Doesn't make it any easier to deal with though, and doesn't make it hurt any less. I will never forget the day I attended two funerals in the one day. I will never forget all the tears cried for the 2 18 year olds who were just really starting their lives. Who were both beautiful, amazing people. Who will never, ever be forgotten.

*~*~*

Ok, I'm out. Peace, love, and laughter.

No comments: