Saturday, September 01, 2007

Did you make it to the milky way to see the lights are faded
And that Heaven is overrated?
Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star
One without a permanent scar
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?
Train. Drops of Jupiter. In case you were interested :-)
Did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?
This song always reminds me of my sister. I don't know why. There were months, horrible months, where we didn't know where she was. If she was ok. If she was alive. She'd disappear, and we'd be left trying, trying, trying to find out something, anything.
Thank god she finally grew up, hey? I don't think I could take it again :-)
*lol* This isn't actually what I intended to write about tonight :-P But I was listening to that song on my MP3 player as the page loaded, and got distracted :-) That happens a lot ... Ooh, something pretty, brb ... *lol*
Work is good. Worked 9 - 5 today. Well, it was meant to be 5, just finished way late :-) Tomorrow I'm doing 10 -4, and then I get two days off. Two glorious, wonderful, relaxing, peaceful ... What's that? My sister and niece are coming to visit on Monday morning?
Guess the days off won't be peaceful or relaxing ... :-P *lmao* Amanda and Amber are planning on lobbing on my doorstep sometime on Monday morning. Late Tuesday they're going to mum and dad's for a few days. It'll probably be the last time I catch up with Amanda (who's now almost 7 months pregnant) before she has the baby, since I'll be working full time for at least the next 8 weeks, and she won't be up for travelling much longer. Not when travelling involves a big belly and a very, very active (and tempremental!) 2-and-a-bit year old. Yes, that's right, my gorgeous little angel of a niece has started to throw some lovely little temper tantrums, basically ... whenever she feels like it! :-) ... Uh, what happened to my peaceful days off? Did I just see them fly out the window?
Anyway ... It's 8:33 on a Saturday night, and I'm ready for bed. How sad is that?! *gasp* Does this mean I'm ... Old?! Say it aint so! Ok, I'm out guys. Be good :-)
P.S. Gorgeous little Lillie Boyte, who I've often written about, lost her battle with neuroblastoma this week. If you've got a spare minute, drop by and leave a message for her family in her guestbook. I'm sure it would mean a lot to her family at this crappy time. www.caringbridge.org/visit/lillieboyte. R.I.P. Lillie - now dancing in the Heavens with Hannah!

No comments: