Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Arthritis. At 24.

Hey guys.

What's up? How we all doing?

I had yesterday and today off work. Yesterday, Ang, Ryan, Chrissie and I all went out for lunch. Ryan threw most of his food on the floor and at us, but we all had a great time :-)
Today Chrissie and I went to La Porchetta for lunch. Beautiful day outside, so we sat in the sun. We were both starving since it was a late lunch (almost 2 p.m.). I got about half way through my parma when I found ... A hair.
Needless to say, I lost my appetite ... :-S The waitress offered to bring me something else, but I declined the offer.

Had an appointment with the chiropractor this afternoon, to find out what my spinal xrays showed ... Nothing good, unfortunately. I have arthritis on my spinal cord and neck ... And the spaces in my spinal cord where the nerves are, are closing up, and cutting off the nerves ... :-(
It was actually really depressing ... I'm 24. 24!
Some of the damage can be undone by regular visits to the chiropractor - 3 times a week for a month, then twice a week for a month, then once a week for six weeks - but the arthritis is probably there for good.

I'm kinda scared. For a couple of reasons:
- How am I going to afford to go to the chiropractor 3 times a week for a month? That comes out at $140 a week/$560 (? I think ... Never much good at maths) a month. I know I'm working full time, but I've also got bills and rent and a car to pay for ... :-S
- Am I going to end up like my parents? I know that a lot of this is genetic. Mum and dad both have bad backs - dad's back has been operated on twice, mum's had one operation on her back. I've seen the pain they live with ... I really don't want to end up like that :-S

Went for a massive long walk today, haven't done that in a while. Used to do it all the time when I wasn't working, but since I've been at Sweet Explosions I haven't had the energy!

I really need to lose some weight. Being this fat (Sorry, Dan ... But it's true!) probably isn't helping.

I really need to do something about my hayfever as well ... Not being able to breathe isn't as much fun as it sounds ... :-P

Ahh, I'm Little-Miss-Whinge-Alot tonight ... Guess I'm kinda depressed still. Might take off. Have a good night, guys.

No comments: