Saturday, September 29, 2007

Go The Cats!

In case you haven't heard, or have been in a coma, or under a rock all day ...

GEELONG WON THE GRAND FINAL!

Now, we all know that I'm full of black and white blood. It has always been, and will always be, Collingwood for me. They are *da bomb* as far as I'm concerned.

Last week's loss to Geelong was very upsetting. Five freaking points! One more goal and we would have been there today, playing in the final game of the season, going for the holy grail in football. One more freaking goal!

[No, I'm not dwelling on the loss, why do you ask?!]

But even though we lost, we lost to a terrific team. We put up one hell of a fight, and Geelong were better on the night. To be honest, I wasn't completely disappointed, as my mum is a Cats fan, and I was happy for her that her Cats made it into the Grand Final.

[Not as happy as I would have been had Collingwood been in the GF, but happy nonetheless!]

I never doubted for a second that Geelong would kick some Port Adelaide arse! They've played well all year, and I knew they could do it. They're a terrific team, who just dominate the game. Speaking of dominating, they certainly did that today! Who would have thought they'd win by such a huge margin?! 119 points!

I rang my mum when I got home from work. How did she answer the phone? No hello ... ! "Go the Cats!!!" she yelled. She was sooo happy :-) It's been 44 years since the Cats won a premiership, and my mum's 45, so she's never had the thrill of winning footy's holy grail! I reminded her of the '95 Grand Final that Geelong made it into. Mum had to work that day, so the night before we put up balloons and streamers all over the house ... Then Geelong lost so we had to get them all down before she got home from work! *lol* Thankfully, today had a happier ending for all Cats fans!

So now, that's it. No more footy until next year ... :-( The end of the season is always kind of a bummer, because you know it's going to be *months* before you see another game. I am looking foward to the NRL Grand Final tomorrow night, I like a good game of rugby, and I can't wait to sit down and watch it. I'm tipping Melbourne, I really hope that they can get up over Manly. I can't believe Manly are in the GF!?! *lol* A couple of seasons ago, they were on the bottom of the ladder, the joke of the competition. And this year, they've made it to the last game. Surely Melbourne can beat them ...?! GO THE STORM!

No comments: