Thursday, September 13, 2007

September 13 / Six years

Damn, girl.

How the hell has it been 6 years without you?

It seems so unbelievable that it's been six long years without your wicked sense of humour or your smile.

It feels like it was just yesterday when I ran into you, and told you that I couldn't stop, had to hurry, had to get to work, couldn't talk, and I'd see you when you got back.

So much has happened in the six years since you left us - how could the world go on when you're not here? How is that fair? It's not right, Mel. It's not fair!

I think of you often, always smiling, usually at something stupid! Every time I hear one of "your" songs, I turn it right up, and sing out loud. Bet you can hear me up there when I'm singing, can't ya?!

God, I miss you Mel. I miss you so much.

Six years, but I'm still missing you as much as that god-awful day when you left us.
Six years, but I can still remember every detail of that day.
Six years, and I hate that I'm still counting.
Six years, and I still wonder what could-have been, and I still think about what should-have been.
Six years, and I still think about you coming back to us, Mel.
Six years, how are we going to make it to seven? Help us keep going, Mel.

No comments: