Sunday, September 30, 2007

Venting time ...

So, here's the thing.

I really like my job. It's pretty cool. I like the work, and the people that I work with.

The one thing I'm not liking at the moment, is my boss. Don't get me wrong - I like her as a person. She's nice, and funny, and always looking after her staff.

But the last week or so, she's stressing me out. Seriously stressing me out.

I feel like nothing is good enough. Everything I do is not done good enough, or I'm not doing things that I should be doing.

Even though I'm busting my arse, working 8 or 9 hours a day, starting early and finishing late every single day, it's still not enough.

I know she's under pressure. I know she's worried about the business, and it's not doing so well at the moment. I know she's worried about the fact that at the moment, most days we're barely covering wages and expenses. I know she's working 11-12 hour days every day, trying to make both the cafe and the kiosk succeed. I know she's trying. I just wish that she'd realise that I'm also trying - trying to make the kiosk the best it can be, trying to keep her happy all the time, trying to keep the place spotless when I'm there on my own for the majority of the time, trying to provide the best customer service I can, trying so damn hard, *so* *damn* *hard* for her business.

It's getting to me a little. Can you tell? Sorry, I just needed to vent. Anyway, I might get going. Peace out guys.

No comments: