Monday, September 10, 2007

It's Monday!

I wake up this morning to find Amber in the spare room, talking at me:

Amber: Nan's in the wash. Nan's in the wash.
Me: Huh?

(I walked out to realise that mum was actually in the wash - she was in the shower!)

Not much news from here.
COLLINGWOOD WON ON SATURDAY NIGHT! KICKED SOME SYDNEY ARSE!
I watched the game. Remember most of it :-) I was verrrry happy when I went to bed - may have been the win, may have been the pizza and cruisers!

Worked yesterday then drove to Kerang. Didn't leave until 5:30 so it was dark before I'd even made it half-way home. Second half of the drive was crappy, because it kept raining, and my windscreen was sooo dirty I could barely see.

This morning, dad is taking my car down to get a tune-up and new points, or something ... ??!! I just handed over the money. He's also going to get a new battery put in, since it's been 7 years since the battery was put in.

Work is going ok. Tony and Ralph came up from Melbourne yesterday for a meeting with Heather - it's not going as easily as we hoped. We found out last week that there are rumours being spread about us (the cafe) around the centre - things about the food we're serving, the cleanliness of the place, the way the kitchen is run. There's also a woman from a store who's pissed that we won't give her free drinks, so she's telling people that she's glad we're not doing well, and we should fail because we are all bitches and we deserve to.

:-(

Not good :-(

We've made a plan though - getting good gossip out there about us via one of the teenage girls who works in the cafe - she's a lovely girl, but she's got a mouth on her :-) And she knows everyone in the centre, because she's been at the cafe for a year! We're also offering $2 coffees to the staff members from the centre, to try and get them to try us. Everything else they buy will get a 10% discount - juices, gelati, wraps, rolls, etc.

Hopefully that helps. Heather, Tony and Ralph, along with Nick, the owner of the centre, are going to hold a meeting with all the managers from the stores, to find out what everyone's problem is, and what can be done to improve things.

Anyway, there's not much other news from here. I was in bed at 9 last night, and I was so tired I pretty much died straight away! :-) Was up at 6:45 after the kiddo woke me. I don't think she was talking to me - she was talking at me. She just talks, regardless of whether or not you listen :-)

Ok, I'm out. Peace, love and laughter guys! :-)

No comments: