Friday, May 25, 2007

Super Babysitter ... Ok, I'm ... Competent.

Long day ...
Ryan is finally down. Yes, it's Friday, so I'm babysitting. Ang dropped him off a little after 8 this morning, so she could go home, get organised for the funeral, and be at the funeral home by 9:30.
I'm not sure whether it was because he knew Ang was upset/stressed when she left, or just because he wasn't with mum, or because he was teething, but Ryan was *really* unsettled this morning. For the first two hours, he cried pretty much non-stop, and just could not be placated. I finally managed to get him to sleep, but he slept for only 30 minutes. It didn't matter though - that did the trick! He woke up much happier, still with rosy red cheeks (teething) so I gave him some Bonjela and he was set for the afternoon!
Christine came around this arvo - thanks to getting only 2 hours sleep last night (finally nodded off sometime after 5 and had my alarm set for 7) I ended up falling asleep on the couch. Christine woke me to tell me that she was going to take Ryan to the Marketplace for a while, and I went back to sleep for another few minutes. Although I only got maybe an hours sleep, I felt heaps better when I got up :o)
Anyway, we had a good afternoon when Chrissie and Ryan got back - Chrissie had got some mini doughnuts for Ryan, and he absolutely demolished one with blue sprinkles - he ended up with blue all over his face, hands, ears and in his hair. He looked like a little smurf! :o) Then (still covered in blue sticky sprinkles) he fell asleep on the lounge room floor! *lol* It was so funny. We were going to put him in his porta-cot, but we were worried about waking him when we moved him ... And he looked so damn cute, all curled up on the floor! So instead, we took some photos, put a blanket on him and let him sleep :o)
He slept for another half-hour, and woke up happy once again :o) Didn't want dinner (tinned Oops Spaghetti, left by Ang). Chrissie left at 7, so I cooked my dinner, which of course, the little dude wanted to share :o) So he had half a chicken schnitzel, 3 cheese sticks and half an apple. Soon after dinner Ryan started to get tired and cranky again. So I gave him some Baby Panadol, put some Bonjela on his teeth, and started trying to get him to sleep.
I was still trying at 9:30. *lol* The poor thing was sooooo tired, and was crying constantly, but he just didn't want to go to sleep! Finally managed to get him to sleep while holding him, and got him into the porta-cot without waking him ... Only to have him wake up again at 10.
Yeah :o) Well, at least he got 30 minutes!
He went back to sleep about 10:45, and so far hasn't woken up again. I think the main problem is teething, and just being unsettled. It can't be much fun teething when mum's not there to make it better! Hopefully he's down for the night now :o) I'm just about ready to crash myself.


Kylie's funeral was today, of course. The entire family, especially Kylie's 3 girls, were in my thoughts all day. It would have been a long, emotional, and difficult day.
Rest In Peace, Kylie.

No comments: