Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Insomnia.

So tonight, I can't sleep.
I'm not sure why. I'm exhausted, and my head is pounding ... But sleep is eluding me.
Spent most of the day with Ang today, going to Sharon's this afternoon with her for a few hours. It's so hard to know what to say in that kind of situation. You feel useless, because nothing you can say can take the pain away, you can't fix it. Death is a part of life, unfortunately. It's not fair, but then ... Life is rarely fair.
So on Friday, I won't be going to the funeral, I'll be on babysitting duties. I'll be looking after Ang's little man, Ryan, who's a bit over 10 months old. Ang and Vince are thinking about staying overnight in Maryborough (where the burial will be held) so they don't have to hurry back.
Random thoughts keep swirling around in my head ... Think I may have to go to the doctors this week, I have a feeling I've got a sinus infection, which is making me tired, and my throat is killing me. Having a lot of trouble swallowing, and my entire face is aching ... Grr. Apparently sinusitis (?spelling?) often happens as a result of hayfever, which I've had for the Last. Five. Freaking. Months.
Someone (Well, someoneS, namely Ang and Christine) pointed out today that it's only 13 days to my birthday. Actually, it's only 12 now. They seemed to find it hilarious to call me *OLD*. Ahh well ... It got a smile out of Ang! I'm only turning 24 though, damnit! That's still spring chicken young! I already know what I'm getting from mum and dad - a new dinner set, and a jug/glasses set that I picked out. I've asked for gift vouchers from Amanda and Lorri for Big W, as I want to buy a queen size electric blanket for my bed. I just realised my bed will be 2 years old in a couple of weeks! I brought it not long after I started work at Safeway. Paid $650 for the frame & mattress, and worked my arse off to get it!
Nearly 4 a.m. Starting to get eyes-closing tired. Might take off and try the sleep thing again ...

No comments: