Saturday, May 26, 2007

I'm not dead, just floating ... I'm not scared, just changing ...

The house is all quiet :o) Ang was here to pick Ryan up at 12:30. We had a good morning, Ryan slept right thru until 8:30 this morning, which was great, because I slept the whole time too :o) He was great for the first couple of hours he was awake this morning, and then his teeth started playing up and he got soooo grumpy. He cried non-stop for an hour, and if I dared to put him down, he'd scream :o) Poor thing must have been so miserable. He ended up falling asleep in my arms at 11:00, so I put him to bed, and he slept for half and hour, and then woke up happy as a clam! (Apart from the very red cheeks, and the constant rubbing of his ears, which showed that his teeth were still bothering him).
Anyway, Chrissie showed up with Maccas at 11:45, and we had that (sharing it with the little man, of course!) then we went for a walk to the pet shop around the corner, and we got back to find Ang and Zoe (her niece) waiting for us :o)
I have to say, it was nice to see Ang, I worried about her all day yesterday, knowing that it would be a hard day for her. Her sisters funeral and being separated from her little man? That's tough. But she seemed to be holding up fairly well today, which is good. I guess the hardest part - making it through the week, then making it through the funeral, is now over. Now it's a matter of trying to deal with the aftermath, trying to get on with life, while dealing with Kylie's death and accepting the fact that she's really gone. I think I'll give Ang a few days to settle down, and I'll ring at the end of the week.
Chrissie and I spent the rest of the afternoon just chilling. She starts her new rotation this week - she goes from the surgical unit to the rehabilitation unit. So we went to the Rehab unit at Anne Caudal to get her roster, and she met some of the people she'll be working with. We then went back to Chrissie's where she cleaned the fish tank out, and I vegged on the couch, watching Season 1 of Las Vegas :o) About an hour after Chrissie had put the fishies back in the tank, she found 4 of them, on the bottom of the tank, not "sleeping" as I thought (:-P), but ... yes, you guessed it ... dead. *lol* She was spitting chips! "What the hell? Do they not like clean water? What is wrong with these stupid fish? That water is perfect!" *lol* ... Poor Chrissie.
Anyway, it's nearly 11 p.m. so I'm going to take off and head to bed. Have a great night! :o)
"Sometimes the wreck is part of the ride ..."

No comments: