Monday, May 21, 2007

Give me a sec ... Just gotta get up on my soapbox ...! :o)

On the 10:30 news this morning - Disturbing report shows that thousands of children are subject to drug and alcohol abuse in their home ... Well, d-u-h. I'm sorry, but who didn't know that this was going on? It sucks, and it's not right, or fair, but it happens. No child should have to live in an environment where drugs are, or where alcohol abuse is, but it happens in this day and age. Instead of talking about it, or doing "studies", why the hell doesn't someone do something about it?
Hmm ... Didn't intend to start this with a rant :o)
Not much going on here at the moment. The birdies are all over the bottom of the cage, eating whatever they can find. Never mind that they have 3 containers of fresh seed ... Nah, they wanna eat the crap on the bottom of the cage that they've ... well, crapped on. (Lovely, huh?!) What a bunch of little weirdos :o)
The f***wits (For those who don't know ... I call my brother the f***wit ... explained in an entry last week) girlfriend wants to come and stay at the end of next week ... Yay! Hopefully mum can come down for a day as well. I think it would be good for mum to see Lorri without the f***wit around. And of course, I'll get to see my gorgeous little man, Jordyn! He's 2 and a half, and Lorri said he's started to pick up heaps of new words, and get into lots of stuff .... Mostly stuff that he shouldn't be getting into, but that's the fun of being a kid! :-P The little man loves my birds, and can sit there for ages, trying to get them to "talk" or "come out"!
Anyway, I probably should get organised for the day. Have to go into the library, and do some job applications. Then I think I'll just bum around for a while :o)
Have a great day, guys! :o)

P.S. The slideshow from last night - yesterday afternoon Christine came around after work ... She was bored ... So she started drawing on my leg with a permanent texta ... Yeah, all the drawings are still there today :o)

No comments: