Friday, May 18, 2007

Random topics today!

Today: Random thoughts and topics. :o)

Several people have emailed me privately to ask if they can *borrow* something from this site. Don't bother emailing, take what you like :o) Some of it's not mine, so I can't stop you anyway *lol* :o) Go wild!

Matty's mum is having a tough time the last few days, coming to terms with the loss of her gorgeous little man. If you have time, drop by the site and leave a note of support for Sandra and the entire Dubuc family. Doesn't have to be deep or meaningful, I'm sure they'd appreciate anything, even just a quick "Hi guys, thinking of you". Also on the CB kids, Hunter is in-patient at the moment, for her LAST in-patient chemo EVER! Go Hunter! :o) Rachel is having a bit of a crappy time at the moment. Brandon has hepatoblastoma, and has just received his new liver! Rock on, Brandon! He's currently doing excellently, and pleasing the doctors! :o) Anna-Jane is doing slightly better after yet another surgery last week. Keep on improving, Anna! :o)

So, today my bruises have darkened, and are now a really deep purple colour ... They actually look kinda cool :o) Still hurt like a brotherpucker though! :o)

Rain, glorious rain! Bendigo has had nearly 60mm in the last 24 hours (just over two inches). Freakin' awesome! :o) Not enough to break the drought, not even close apparently, but every bit helps. Hopefully we get some more good falls in the next few weeks to help out the farmers who really need it. Time to do a rain dance, people ...!

I was reading Liz's comment earlier, and it got me thinking.
Most of the time, my mum is awesome. She will occasionally drive me nuts (like over this whole f***wit thing, or when she nags about my weight, or the state of my house ... etc) but most of the time she and I get along well.
When I lost my job, my mum was the one I went to. My mum was there for me, telling me that whatever I wanted to do, she would support me.
I guess that's why I went to her - because I always knew she would be there.
When my mum found out she was pregnant at 18, her parents disowned her. Her mother told her she never wanted to see mum again because she was a pathetic disgrace. I remember mum telling me that a few years ago, and she said it was right then that she decided that she would never do the same thing to her kids.
My sister left home when she was 16. She was a stubborn, rebellious kid. Who went around to her and tried to talk sense into her? Who gave her money? Who gave her food? My mum did. Who let her move back home when she was 17, after she'd realised that the real world was tough? Mum did. She didn't yell, or tell Amanda to get lost.
And when Amanda left again, mum still kept track of her. Was there when she was needed. Who went to Melbourne after Amanda had her first child and was the typical nervous, confused, tired new parent? Mum did. She didn't interfere, she was just there when she was needed. Amanda would ring mum in the middle of the night, and mum would listen, and offer advice if it was needed.
And when the f***wit got into trouble, mum was there. And I know she won't give up on him, and I know she will do whatever she can to try to help ... And I respect that, I really do. I know, without a doubt, that mum would never desert any of us kids. And I think that's amazing.
I just wish she could realize that I don't feel the same way that she does about the f***wit. I think he should have to prove himself, show that he has changed. I don't think he deserves someone as awesome as mum, working her arse off, trying to help him, doing anything she can for him, while he still lies, and manipulates, and generally acts like an arsehole. He doesn't deserve mum.
I guess the point is, I respect her position, I wish she'd respect mine.

Anyway, to finish off ... Mum was here today, and we went bowling. I haven't gone ten-pin bowling in about 6 years! We had heaps of fun, though, and I got a *Turkey*! Which is apparently what three strikes in a row is called! Mum won the first game, 102 - 91, and thanks to my three strikes, I won the second, 123 - 92. So it evened out :o) Was heaps of fun, and stacks of laughs! :o)

1 comment:

Sam Am said...

thankee for your nice comment