Saturday, May 19, 2007

Rain rocks!

Today has been one lazy-ass day :o)
I spent this morning on the couch, listening to the beautiful sound of *RAIN* on the roof :o) God, how wonderful! I went to Coles this arvo to get the newspaper, but then it was straight back to the couch, to do some more chillin :o) Unfortunately, we didnt get any rain this afternoon :o( Ahh well. What we had this morning was better than nothing!
They had farmers from the Mallee (near where I'm originally from) on the news before, saying that most of them have been working through the night for the last three days to trying to get winter crops planted now that they've had some rain and the ground is softer. It was amazing to see the hope on their faces, because it seems like for the last year or so, whenever you would see farmers on the news talking about the drought, they were discouraged and depressed. It was such an awesome change! It did make me think of all the farmers who found it all too much though. I remember last year on the news, they said that hundreds of farmers around the country had committed suicide because the drought was killing their livelihood, and they couldn't cope any longer. God, how desperate must have they been? Thousands of others just sold their farms, at massive losses, even if their families have been on the land for decades.
I don't know where I was going with that ... Oops :o) Just went off on a tangent, I guess!
Anyway. Getting sick of this unemployed thing - its getting very boring! Got the Bendigo Addy today, which has a big employment section, so hopefully there's heaps in there that I can apply for. :o)
Anywayzie, not much other news from here. Somehow, while I was sleeping last night, I managed to pull a muscle on the left side of my butt ... No, I don't have a damn clue how I did it. It's like at the back of my thigh/bottom of my bum. Kicking someone in my dream, maybe? All I know is, I got out of bed and could barely walk. Now, since my right hand side is already limpy because of my little fall in the shower the other morning ... Walking is now a *fun* experience and I look like the world's biggest idiot! Oh my god, I really am getting old ...!
Ok, have a great night guys!

No comments: