Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Life keeps on dropping bombs and I keep score

I don't know. Slightly upset ...
Lorri rang tonight. Wanted to know if she can come stay at the end of May, going home after my birthday. Of course I said that's fine. I've always said she's welcome here, even if she wasn't the mother of my nephew, she would still be a part of our family, even though her and the f***wit are no longer together.
(By the way, from now on, I will no longer be mentioning my brother by his name. Henceforth, he will be known as the f***wit. Just so there's no confusion.)
Anyway, Lorri was upset, because the f***wit had told her she wasn't welcome at my house, and she wasn't *allowed* to visit me.
Yeah. Not *allowed* to visit me.
God, I don't even know. What the ...???
So, while I was on the phone to Lorri, just as we said goodbye actually, the call waiting beeped. So I hung up and dialed *10# and my sister's number came up. So I rang, and the f***wit answered, so I asked what he wanted. He wanted to know if I'd been talking to Lorri. I said yes, then told him he had no right to tell her that she wasn't welcome at my house.
Then I hung up. No goodbye. Just the spurt of anger, then ... just ... I don't know.
So now, I'm just ... really down.
I don't know how things got so stuffed up, I really don't.
And it really gets to me that my mother keeps saying "you need to get over it. Just forget it. Don't worry about it."
Well, excuse me, but fuck that for a joke.
My whole life, I have just cruised along. Taking whatever got dished out, never causing any problems, not making waves, watching as Amanda and the f***wit caused dramas and problems.
And I've had enough.
What he (the f***wit) did was unforgivable. He abused a child. He hit a child. His OWN child. His SON. He was an abusive bastard. And instead of taking responsibility for his actions, instead of trying to change, he's still manipulating, lying, causing trouble, drinking, and being a bastard.
I'm not "letting it go". I'm not going to "get over that". Because to me, the most important thing, the most important person in this whole mess, is Jordyn. I want the BEST for that kid. I love him so much, and HE is my number ONE priority. And I won't have anything to do with the f***wit until he is a DECENT, caring, normal father to that gorgeous little man. I will not speak to him until he has changed, until he has shown that he DESERVES to be a part of Jordyn's life. He DESERVES a father who won't hit him, who won't abuse him, who won't swear at him. He DESERVES to be a kid.
And if it doesn't happen? If the f***wit doesn't change? Then I will ring Human Services. I will ring the police. I will do whatever I can to keep him away from my gorgeous little nephew. I will do what I have to.
Pretty simple, really.
And in the meantime? I won't back down. I will talk to my mother. I will talk to my father. I will talk to my sister. But I will NOT talk to the f***wit. And I will not "let it go".

1 comment:

Liz Hinds said...

Is your mother serious? Is she not telling F***wit what she thinks of him?

Good on you.