Saturday, April 07, 2007

The one where I **Exclusively** announce the total amount raised for the RCH :-P

Firstly ... "VICTORIANS dug deep into their hearts and pockets yesterday, raising a record $11,788,970 for the Royal Children's Hospital Good Friday Appeal." (taken from heraldsun.com.au because I'm too lazy to paraphrase & type it myself :o))**Yay!!** ELEVEN MILLION DOLLARS FOR THE ROYAL CHILDRENS HOSPITAL! :o)
Not much happening here. But you know, I'm in a tiny country town, and there's never much happening here :o) This morning mum and I went out to the Murrabit Market, and it was packed. I haven't been to the market in about 5 - 6 years, but I don't remember it ever being that busy! But there's a lot of people camping at Murrabit for Easter, plus a lot of people were in Kerang this weekend for the races, so they went to the market this morning, plus apparently the Easter market is usually really popular. Mum and I ended up giving up after about an hour, it was just crazy! So we had something to eat and then came home.
Didn't do much this arvo, went for a walk down the street with mum, then spent the rest of the afternoon watching dvds and sewing Amber's blanket. I've finished a patch, and I'm hoping to have another one done before I go to bed. I need about 5 - 6 more patches to fill empty spots on the blanket.
I'm going home Monday morning, so I can catch the Easter parade at lunch time. I've lived in Bendigo for almost 5 years, and have never once seen the Easter fair! I was in Bendigo for the last two Easters, and yet I still managed to miss the fact that the entire city turns into the home of a chinese dragon! And the fireworks?! How the hell did I miss them last year?!! *lol* Oh yeah, I'm so observant!
Anyway. Might go get back to the blanket. :o)

No comments: