Sunday, May 15, 2011

I'd rather laugh - Linda Richman

Notes from the book "I'd rather laugh" by Linda Richman. I read it a couple of years ago, and going through some old papers today, I found some notes that I took from it. I thought I'd share them here:

"No matter how sad you are today, happiness and laughter are always possibilities for tomorrow."

"Everything important is in your control."

"What does your heart tell you to do?"

"You will always be able to find something to smile about."

"Make time for fun."

"That's what fun is - relief from the pain or boredom of everyday life - if you can have just a little fun today, it's a sign that the future will hold even more fun for you. Fun isn't just fun - it's hope."

"Laugh, sing, dance, do anything to get outside yourself. The pain and suffering are inside, and there you are too, trapped with them. The minute you get outside yourself, you begin to escape the sadness. If you can shoo away the negative and hang onto the positive for five minutes today, maybe you'll do it for half an hour next month."

"You've got to get control over how you respond to life."

No comments: