Thursday, May 05, 2011

Ahh, money.

I've never really stressed about money. If I can afford something, great. If not, oh well. I've always managed to find the money to pay my bills. If something breaks, then I replace it when I can. Otherwise I just do without.

I went to Queensland for five days without really thinking about the financial side of things. I figured I'd just make it work. And I did. I don't regret it, I had such a great time.

But since I've returned home (ok, well, since two days ago!) money has been on my mind a lot. I didn't spend a lot of money in Queensland or anything, but I just realised how much money I have to pay out in the next month/couple of months ...

Uni fees and textbooks - both due in the next fortnight.

Next week, Roxy the wonder puppy has to have surgery to have two granulomas (spelling?) removed from her tongue, which is going to COST me.

Moving expenses ... Not only do I need to save for a bond, and most likely a pet bond if I go through an agency, but I also need to pay the first few weeks rent upfront, as well as saving up money for a removalist. There's also some stuff that I'll need to buy (couch, dinner table and chairs, tv cabinet/entertainment unit).

In other words ... UGH. Big, giant UGH.

I'm not really stressed too much about it. I'm just wondering how I'm going to make all the numbers fit, because at the moment, it seems just impossible! I know it'll all work out somehow, I think things are going to be so, so tight for a while, though.

I really don't know what the point of this entry is/was ... I think I just needed to get this out. Writing has really been helping me lately. I feel better now :-)

No comments: