Sunday, July 13, 2008

The week of Snappz.

Big Week.

Let's see ...

We have a new addition to the House of Snappz. Wednesday I went to visit a friend and returned home with two cockatiels. Her father-in-law had given them to her, and she's not really a cockatiel kind of person. She wants a Ring Neck (no idea what that is, some kind of bird obviously), but was told by her other half that she couldn't get one until she'd found a home for her cockatiels. Enter Snappz. I'm pretty sure they hate me - Jim has bitten me about 5 times already, (hard enough to draw freaking blood each time) and Stella just squawks at me every time I go anywhere near the cage. Maybe they'll settle in, and you know, stop attacking me.

Mother Snappz and Father Snappz left on Wednesday, taking off on their Excellent Adventure. They're driving up to the NT to spend a couple of weeks up there with my dumbass brother and his family. By Wednesday night they'd made it to SA, by Thursday night they'd almost hit the SA/NT border, and by Friday lunchtime they were there (in Alice Springs, NT). They made it up a few days earlier than they'd planned, so now they've got some extra time up there. I spoke to mum briefly on Friday, and she said they were thrilled that they'd finally made it. I'm heading home this Wednesday arvo after work, to check on the house, collect the mail, and hang out with the dog. One of dad's friends is feeding Sherlock while they're gone, but Mother Snappz wants me to go check on the plants, etc. I'll probably head back to Bendigo on Thursday morning.

Sister Snappz called the other night, to tell me that she's engaged. (This is turning into quite the family update, huh?) She was thrilled, and I knew something was up as soon as I answered the phone. I figured she was going to tell me that a new niece or nephew was on the way. But no, on Wednesday she proposed (yes, she proposed) to her boyfriend. Wedding planning has already started, even though they have decided not to get married until July 2010. Yup, two years away. I'm going to be a bridesmaid, my nieces will be flowergirls, and my nephew will be pageboy. She's planning on either a blue or burgundy dress for me, which sounds nice. She also said that two years will give me plenty of time to lose weight ... Think that was a hint, or something?!

On Friday, I got to hang out with my gorgeous little godson for the day, which was heaps of fun. He turned two yesterday, so his mum was doing last minute birthday party stuff all day Friday. We had a good day, like any two year old he loves the word "No", which cracked me up over and over. He's got a Bob toy that he's very attached to, so wherever we went, Bob had to come too. We went and did some shopping together, and I got him a pair of ridiculous oversized sunglasses with fake nose attached. Well, he fell in love. And wouldn't take them off. Picture a two year old, walking down the main street in Bendigo, wearing a massive pair of fake sunnies, with Bob clutched in his hand. It was so friggin funny. I did get some photos on my mobile phone, and I'll totally be showing them at his 21st!

Yesterday I worked at the cafe. I love, love, love my other job - the office one - and I'm starting to think the universe is trying to balance me out, with one awesome job and one totally shitty job. I'm still looking for something else, but I only have certain days that I'm available, which most people see as a problem. My boss is on holidays at the moment, which is great for her, but before she went on holidays she should have organised everything and prepared properly. Seriously, if she'd done her organising properly, she would have realised that there was a big event on in Bendigo yesterday, literally right across the road from the cafe. As in, on the other side of the freaking street there was literally hundreds of people, all of whom decided to come visit us at lunchtime. Which was great for business, but there was only me and another girl on. We needed at least another two or three people on to handle all the work. We had people waiting 40+ minutes for their food and drinks! And, even better, there was no one else we could call in. The other two people who work there were both working last night. They couldn't come in early, because it would be too many hours in one shift for them. I was really pissed off. Seriously, this wasn't an event that just popped up out of nowhere. It had been planned, and my boss should have known about it. She should have organised more staff before she went away on her little holiday.

I was actually meant to be on call for work today, but I turned my phone off. I was so pissed off with the whole place. I'm not sure if they tried to call - couldn't really care if they did. I don't get paid enough, and I don't like my job enough, to deal with that kind of shit.

Last night, I went to my godson's 2nd birthday/his parents housewarming party. I only stayed for a few hours, because I was pretty much exhausted from work. I was hoping to go with a friend, so she could drive and I could have a few drinks, but she piked on me, so I went out to Raywood alone. It was a fun night, cold outside, but they had a bonfire and lots of hot food to eat :-) Can't beat that.

Today, I've spent the day cleaning. My house was getting pretty messy, as it usually does towards the end of the week. Usually I clean on Thursdays, but I was out all day Thursday, had the kiddo on Friday, and worked on Saturday. So, it didn't get done until today. It's nice and spotless now though, and I've just started cooking dinner to mess up the kitchen again. The only thing I haven't done is clean my bedroom, because I'm now out of energy. And to be honest, I prefer my room a little messy. Too clean creeps me out. I do have about 4 new tops that I got on Friday that I need to hang up though. Gotta love bargain season! I think the most I spent on a new top on Friday was $12! Yup. Seriously. But I'm really broke at the moment, so it's about all I can afford. I was getting sick of wearing the same tops to the office over and over though, so figured I should add a couple of new ones in. I also got a new bra, which is seriously the most comfortable bra I've ever owned. I love it. I may have to marry it and have children with it. Little bra children. Hahaha. Man, I'm tired.

Anyway, I better take off. Catchya later, dudes ...

You hang in there sunshine, you're friggin special.

No comments: