Sunday, July 06, 2008

Oops ... !

So, so tired.

What do you do when you're sleeping next to someone who, I kid you not, is snoring like a demented freight train? Seriously, it was so loud I'm amazed he didn't wake himself up. And it didn't matter what position he was in - on his back, side, stomach, other side, half on his back/half on his side -, he still continued to snore loud enough to wake the freaking dead. Around 3 a.m. I gave up and went and crashed on the couch for a while, because my head was pounding and I so desperately needed some sleep. I got a couple of hours before heading back to bed. I'm still not quite sure why exactly I went back to bed, because the snoring hadn't stopped. Insanity, I guess, brought on by lack of sleep maybe?!

But, it wasn't all bad, because I got some work done, I read yesterdays paper from cover to cover, watched some tennis, snacked on some strawberries, and had the ____ (brilliant/stellar/genius/fantastic - pick word of your choice and insert here) idea for this post.

I have always been one of those people who can talk about, and laugh about, sex. It's natural, and it's a part of life. And sometimes things don't go to plan. It can be embarrassing as hell, or you can laugh about it and move on. I'm the laugh about it kind of girl.

For example, recently I was with someone who's mobile phone started ringing at pretty much the same time that we were getting right into it. Things were hot and happenin ... And the phone starts ringing. For some reason, I found it hilarious, and couldn't stop giggling. He declined to answer the call, and mumbled something about "Ignore it" ... Little hard to do with the ring tone that was on the phone.

There was also the time when I was with an ex, and the whole time we were having sex, Ashton Kutcher was in the loungeroom on the Punk'd dvd yelling "Hellllloooo? PICK SOMETHING!!!" and "We're in the DICTIONARY!!!" I'd been watching Season 1 (2?) of Punk'd before he arrived, and the dvd finished. Because I hadn't turned it off, and I wasn't selecting anything on the dvd menu, ever minute or so, Ashton would pop up and say one of those two things. It was friggin hilarious.

(A few weeks after that, I had a friend and her boyfriend staying at my house. Shortly after they went to bed, I sent my friend (who knew the story) a text message as a joke, saying "Helllllloooo? PICK SOMETHING!!!" She asked me the next day, "How did you know? We were being so quiet! You did it right when things got hot!" I had to admit that I didn't actually know, I was just being a dickhead :-))

Or the time when I was with someone, and for some reason I kept calling him Greg. His name was not actually Greg. Nor do I actually know anyone named Greg. I've never had a crush on someone named Greg, or dated anyone named Greg. I still, for the life of me, cannot figure out where Greg came from. That relationship didn't last for long, he was convinced that I was cheating on Greg or that I was secretly in love with Greg. The fact that there was no Greg ... Well, that didn't seem to matter.

Anyway. That's enough embarrassing stories from me ... If I had any class, I'd probably blush, but instead I'm just going to say ... "Stuff it. LAUGH about it!" Peace out, homeys.

You hang in there sunshine, you're friggin special.

No comments: