Friday, June 06, 2008

"What a big week in football it's been..."

I always hate trying to think of a way to start a blog entry. It sucks.

It's been a big week.

Monday, I started my new job. I went in last Wednesday for a few hours, but Monday was my first full day. So far, I love it. It's interesting, because up until now they haven't had someone in the front office. So the job expands as I get used to the place, and I'm basically doing whatever needs to be done - there's no specified job role. Monday I typed up quotes, organised the computer (because there were folders and files everywhere), started to organise the next social club dinner, redid some nursery and office signs, did a spreadsheet for the insurance company (because the company had some stuff stolen from a Harcourt site). Then I got four massive folders dumped on my desk, containing contact information for businesses we deal with, some of who have set up accounts with us, and I spent Monday afternoon sorting through some of them. They all have to be put in a database. It's going to take WEEKS.

Tuesday was my birthday. Woo hoo, 25. My sister didn't even bother to send a card, because she's visiting next week. Actually, I was talking to her on the phone tonight, and she hasn't even brought a card yet. Oh yeah, that made me feel loved. My brother/my brother's girlfriend didn't even bother to ring on Tuesday, or send a card. I didn't really want to speak to my brother, but I wanted to speak to my nephew, and hear him say "Happy birthday, Aunty Rach".

It's not all bad, though. I scored some cool presents - a new watch, The Shield, season 4, money - which I used to buy some new clothes for my office job (coz I don't really do formal clothes. I'm strictly a tshirt and jeans kinda girl. The office isn't too formal though, so I can get away with wearing black pants and a nice top), some earrings, and of course, my hair straightener. (Which was actually a birthday present, I just got it early :-))

I worked all day Tuesday, and actually made a dent in all those folders on my desk. By the end of Tuesday, I had done about a quarter of one folder! *lol* Doesn't sound like that much, but it's a shitload of work. In about 8 weeks, I might actually be finished with the database :-)

Wednesday ... I worked again. It's my short day though, I only work half a day on Wednesday. Got some of the database done, did some more on the insurance stuff, basically worked my arse off and loved every second of it.

Went out for dinner on Wednesday night with the girls from the cafe, which was great fun. We went to a Vietnamese/Chinese place, got about 8 different dishes and tried a little bit of everything. After we'd finished there, we went to Seboo and had coffee and talked for another couple of hours. It was 11:30 before I got home.

Thursday I got up on the wrong side of the bed, and was cranky for the whole day. Usually I'm fine after I wake up a bit, but not yesterday. I was just pissed. My mum came down for the day, so we did some shopping, had some lunch and hung out for a while. I ended up having a sleep on the couch after she left, which of course meant that I didn't go back to sleep until like 3 o'clock this morning. I ended up watching season 4 of The Shield for a while, have watched about half of it so far. Might watch the rest tonight.

Today, since I didn't go to bed til 3 a.m., I didn't get up til 11. I laid on the couch and watched some tv for a couple of hours ... Just couldn't be stuffed doing anything. I finally got up about 2, got dressed and went for a walk for an hour. Got home, went to the library, and did some shopping. Got home and just been bumming around since then. Just in a *mood* again, I guess. Not sure why. Just pissed off that my brothers girlfriend couldn't even be bothered to ring me for my birthday. I'm also sick of my other job - not the office one, the cafe one - because I'm sick of a couple of the girls I work with. One is total snitch, and runs to the boss with everything - it doesn't affect me because I don't do anything to get me in trouble, I just think it's a scummy thing to do - and the other is a total bitch, who hates the boss and has an attitude. I can see snitch continuing to dob in bitch, and bitch walking out, which will leave me working more with snitch. And I gotta say, I don't really like her as a person. Oh well. Whatever.

What else ... Well, my roof finally got fixed. It leaked about 6 times, and I had the plumber out here 4 times. I had a go at my real estate agency, because I was putting in maintenance request forms, and no one was doing anything about them. So I cracked it, and put in another form, and had words to the girl at the desk, and also had words with my property manager. Who, suddenly, has turned into the nicest, most apologetic person on the planet. I don't lose my temper very often, but I was very close and I think my property manager realised that.

Man, this has turned into one long-winded entry. Blah, blah, blah. Anyway, since I did nothing today, I better go do some housework. I've got my sister, the ultimate neat freak, showing up in a couple of days, so I need to clean. Of course, it doesnt matter how clean the place is, she'll get here and clean it again - it's like she's some kind of freak. (Who I love dearly, of course ...!) Looking foward to seeing my nieces again, haven't seen them in a couple of months. Bug Eyes has been learning new words daily, and is a very smart kid. And Baby Smurf has started to roll over and is "talking" to herself all the time. Can't wait to hang out with the girls again.

Anyway, the house aint gonna clean itself. I'm out.

No comments: