Sunday, February 10, 2008

Love ya, Dad.

So, I love my dad, I really do.

I am just so, so thankful that I did not inherit his patience and temper.

Because if I had, I would not have been able to sit here today, for THREE HOURS, teaching my dad how to work the new DVD recorder he and mum purchased yesterday.

If I had inherited dad's temper, I would have gotten frustrated and started yelling about 15 minutes in.

I would have gotten seriously annoyed when he asked me questions such as "But how does the DVD player know when to record if the tv is off? Do we have to leave the tv on all the time now?" and "What happens if I change tv channels when the DVD player is recording?" "How does the DVD always know exactly when to stop recording?"

Dad, I've already told you the answers to those questions at least thirty times.

If I had my dads patience, I would not have written out, step-by-step, how to record a tv prgram, then shown him, step-by-step, then watched as he did it himself.

You know what? After three hours though, I was nearly laughing.

And I have no doubt, that sometime this week I will get a phonecall from either my mother or my father, asking ... "How do I use that stupid DVD thing?"

I guess as well as being blessed with patience ... I also got insanity.

No comments: