Saturday, February 23, 2008

Firstly, a quote from my day:

I'm singing along to an old 90's song that was playing at work.
Ash: Wow, Rach, you could be on Australian Idol! Oh, except you have to be under 30.
Me: Ashlea, if you tell me you think I'm OLDER than 30, I will kick your arse!
Ash: Hahaha ... Was this song cool when you were young?
Me: ASHLEA, I'M ONLY 24!
Ash: It's 16 days until my 16th birthday!
Me: I give up. Want to know what the dinosaurs were like?

*******

So, I rang my sister today. I havent talked to her for a while.

I knew that a few weeks ago, she went to stay with my brother, his girlfriend and my nephew. I haven't heard from her since she got back though. And considering my mother and I fight everytime we speak about my brother, it seems easier to just not talk about him.

See, it's been a year since all that shit happened. I'm now at the 'just-don't-give-a-damn,-could-honestly-not-care-less-about-my-brother' phase. Yeah, it was upsetting when it happened. Yeah, it seemed like it would tear out family apart. Yeah, I wanted to kill my brother for abusing my nephew. But whatever. Moved on. Just have no desire to ever speak to him again, don't care about what happens to him.

But today, my sister told me that she hasn't spoken to him since she returned home from her holiday.

Now, my sister is ... Protective of my brother. They've always been fairly close. She will make excuse after excuse for him, give him money, let him stay at her house when he and his girlfriend have had a fight. She will bitch and moan to me when I call her, but she still won't get tough with him. Whatever, that's her choice. She believes his lies, well, she can deal with the consequences. I don't say anything to her about the way I feel about him. She knows I don't speak to him, and when I'm talking to her, I simply don't speak of him. Ever.

Anyway. I was a little surprised to hear that they weren't speaking. Then she went on to tell me why:

Because he:

- Hit nephew (J) numerous times (including with a rolled up magazine)
- Made my nephew sit on the couch, for TWO hours, without moving, without talking, because he wanted to watch the WRESTLING and didn't want J playing with his toys. THE KID IS THREE YEARS OLD, FOR GODS SAKE. He should be allowed to play with his own goddamn toys.
- Yelled at J for getting out of bed in the morning and playing with his toys, because my fuckwit brother wanted to sleep in. The time? 11 a.m.
- Severly limits J's food intake. HE IS A GROWING KID! HE NEEDS FOOD!

I don't even know what to say. Child abuse. Again. And my brothers girlfriend? J's mum? What the hell is she doing, letting this go on? She KNOWS what is going on. And she's letting it continue.

I am not doing this again. Monday, I'm working all day. Tuesday, I'm ringing DHS.

No comments: