Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Hey Little Man,

I can't believe you're three already. Three years you've been with us, hanging out, making us laugh, being such a huge part of our lives. (I know on the phone last night you tried to convince me you're four, but I'm not fallin for it, buddy! Give me back that extra year!)

I remember the day you were born. It seemed to take forever! You were pretty comfy, I guess and didn't want to move. I remember the phone call the next day from your dad, who was just over the moon. You could hear it in his voice. He was so happy.

I don't know how things went from "so happy" to abuse, kiddo. I really don't. When you were little, your dad would get up every night and give you your bottles. He would change you and bath you. Your mum used to joke that you only had eyes for daddy. But it was true. From the time you were a few months old, dad only had to walk into the room, and you'd give him your attention. When you started to walk, you followed him everywhere. You were such a great kid.

So what happened? I don't know. For so long, I thought something was wrong. I tried to get it out of your mum, I yelled at your dad ... I knew there was something not right. But I couldn't figure out what was going on ... So I left it alone. Sorry, little man. I should have tried harder, huh?

I don't know what's going to happen next ... Looks like your mum and dad are back together ... But who knows for how long. I guess all I can do is promise you that I won't stuff up again. You're my world, kiddo, and all I want is to see you happy and healthy and laughing and having 3 year old fun. I promise I'm always going to be there for you. I'll teach you heaps of cool shit, lots of stupid jokes, and spoil you ... Just coz I can :-)

Love you Jordyn.

'Rachie'

No comments: