Monday, December 24, 2007

The Ghost of Christmas (Eve) Past

Christmas Eve, 2001:
I spend the whole day packing and getting organised. On Boxing Day, my cousin and I are heading to Queensland for 10 days. Of course, on Christmas Day I get lots of presents I want to take with me to QLD, so I have to unpack and re-pack everything Christmas night.

Christmas Eve, 2004:
I meet for the very first time, my beautiful nephew, Jordyn Leigh, on Christmas Eve 2004. We spend almost three hours out the back, all together as a family, talking and chilling out before everyone heads to bed for the big day. Jordyn's almost three weeks old, and sleeps through most of his first Christmas - including Christmas lunch when he sleeps in his pram as we eat - with everyone stealing glances at him every few minutes to see what he's doing!

Christmas Eve 2005 and 2006:
By Christmas Eve, I'm exhausted. Doing 12 hour days at Safeway, including Christmas Eve when I start at 4 a.m. and don't stop until 4 p.m. It won't be any surprise to anyone to learn that I was in bed about 8 o'clock last Christmas Eve, will it?

Christmas Eve, 2007:
What's that? I don't start work until 11 a.m. on Christmas Eve ... Wow. Massive sleep in to someone who's used to getting up at 3 a.m. on Christmas Eve! I ended up 'sleeping in' until 7. Score! Did the last of my Christmas shopping this morning, then headed to work. Work was a lot busier than I thought it would be, but nowhere close to the madness of Safeway. I was finished at 5:30, went home to grab my stuff and pack up the car, then headed to Kerang just before 7. Got here at 8:30, and don't think I'll last too much longer before I fall into bed ... :-)

No comments: