Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Life's little mysteries ...

Ya know what I don't understand?

How someone, who lives alone, wears a work uniform 5 days a week, 9 hours a day, and doesn't really have that many clothes, can manage to accrue so much dirty washing. It's mystifying. I did two full loads of washing today - so full my machine stopped halfway through the second load because it was too full ... Oops.

Maybe I need to wash more often? I only say this because this morning I went to get a clean pair of socks, and I had two pairs left in my drawer. Now, I'm a big sock person. Stripey, nice and coloured, I love me a cool, cute pair of socks. After I washed, I had 15 pairs of socks on the line. FIFTEEN! Dude. Same with my underwear. After I washed, I had something like 12 on the line!

But really, when you think about it, I generally wash once a week. I don't really need to do anymore than that - I live alone for cryin' out loud! There's not a lot of towels, or bedding to wash. Most of my days are spent in my work uniform, and when I get home, I change straight into my p.j.'s! I pretty much live in them when I'm home. I'm strictly a comfort-dress kinda girl, and my jammies are comfortable :-)

Anyway, I better go fold some washing ...

No comments: