Sunday, January 22, 2012

Post title?

Must. Write. More.

There's been a bit happening lately.

I have been writing ... Just not here. Mostly on scraps of paper, in my work diary, in notepads I find laying around at work ...

Work is ... Good. Kind of. *lol*

I actually feel a bit like I'm heading towards the point where I snap, and I don't know what will happen when I do. One of the managers at work is just ... Difficult. That's the only way I can think to describe him. He's a little, little man, and I usually just let him be, don't let him get to me, but lately ... Lately, he's critical and irrational, and just a general pain in the arse.

I think he's resentful of the fact that this job isn't a forever job for me. I am only there as long as it takes to finish uni, and it's like he feels pissed off by that fact. Last week, I was reading a text book in my lunch break, and he had an issue with that. I'm getting tired of the little niggly comments, the criticisms that aren't valid, the complaints about things that aren't my fault or don't have anything to do with me. So towards snapping point we head ... Everybody, take cover ...

Should have some more photos to put up at the end of the week. On Thursday I'm heading to Torquay with a friend to have a splash around, a walk on the beach, and hopefully get some good shots. I can't wait! I love the beach.

Speaking of can't wait ... I booked my holidays the other day with work. 4 weeks from mid-August to mid-September. Dad and I are heading up to Queensland to see the sisters. We're driving, of course, since the old man doesn't fly, so it'll be a looooooong trip (about 4000km), but totally worth it. I've already said the only thing I want to do/see is the Great Barrier Reef. One of the sisters is up near Cairns, and tours for the GBR leave from Cairns. I think I want to do the whole snorkeling thing, but I'm not sure yet. I don't think dad will want to go, so he can just drop me off and hang on his own for the day ... Yep, it's all planned. Now I just have to get to August ... !!!

Summer has finally arrived. It's 8:30 at night and it's still 33 degrees ... Love it.

Get my new glasses at the end of this week. Think that'll get rid of a lot of my headaches. I have to start wearing them all the time, to try and make my left eye work a little harder ... Or something (the optometrist was a little hard to understand). I'm so thankful I have private health insurance ... The first $180 was covered, and I got 2 pairs (one reading, one everyday) for $300, so effectively I paid $120 for two pairs. Score.

I've registered for Relay for Life this year, with my cousins, in memory of Elaine. The girls did it last year, but I was in Queensland, and I promised them I'd do it this year. It's next month, so I'm heading to Melbourne for the weekend. I can't wait. I know it will be emotional, but I also think it will be a lot of fun. I feel like my grief has moved again, for a while there (around the one year mark) I was very emotional and couldn't think about Elaine without crying. I went very quiet for a while there, staying to myself, not talking about it with anyone. I didn't want to look at photos, I didn't want to think of her. It was too hard. Now, I can't think of her without smiling. A lot of old memories are coming back. I can still hear her voice in my mind. On Christmas Day, all I could hear was "Merry Christmas, did the fat man visit you? Ho ho ho" I'm terrified of the day that I can't remember her voice. I know that day will come. But in the meantime, it's easier now to look at photos, to remember.

Bummer. Bernard Tomic just lost. I thought the game would be a little closer, but he gave it his best.

Anyway, I'm exhausted so I should probably head to bed ... Peace out, dude!

No comments: