Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Unless the lonely star should fall ...

I'm sick of summer.

It's MARCH, and we're in the middle of a heatwave here in Country Vic. For the last week, I think the coolest day we've had is about 34 degrees. And it's going to continue. By Thursday we'll be back up to 39 apparently. Oh, the fun.

Today I'm driving up to mum and dads to see mum for her birthday, and it's meant to get to 38 there. Something tells me I'll be leaving early and getting home early. And I'll be putting the split system on before I leave so I get home to a nice, cool house. Can I just say, I freaking LOVE that thing! It works sooo well, the other night it was 35 degrees outside, and I had to go for a walk because it was TOO COLD in my house! Hahaha. How great is that!

Um ... What else has been going on. Well, the kiosk is closed. We are moving into a new shop, but that's going to take a while. I don't even know how long, exactly. I don't think my boss even knows. In the meantime, I have a few hours in the cafe this week, because until we move into the shop, my boss is keeping the cafe. It's not many (I think I have like two three hour shifts) but it's better than nothing. In the meantime, I'm still looking for something else, because I can't live on only a few hours a week. Especially since it could take months to get all this stuff sorted out.

So, I've been enjoying a few days off. I was meant to have Sunday off, but had to work because Ash was sick. I had Monday off, but ended up going in for a while, because I knew my boss was finishing the kiosk pack up. It was friggin hot on Monday, and I figured if I went out to help we'd get it done faster. I ended up staying a couple of hours, and I came home with two pineapples, a garbage bag filled with apples, a bag of oranges, and a few containers of icecream. All stuff that from the kiosk that we won't use in the cafe. I spent Monday afternoon juicing the oranges, apples and pineapples. Fresh juice is freaking delicious.

Today I haven't done much. I got up early and walked over to Chrissie's, and hitched a ride home when she went to Coles because it was too hot to walk home. I slept all afternoon. Then I got up, and walked over to Chrissie's again, and this time I actually walked home. It was 8:30 when I walked through the city on my way home, and it was cooling down nicely (it was down to 29 degrees). Got home, cooked myself a delicious dinner of honey soy chicken and rice, ate two bites, and ... Spilt the rest all over my lounge room floor. Man, was I pissed. So then I did a bit of cleaning, let Buckley out of his cage and hung out with him, chilling on my bed. Nice and relaxing.

And right now, it's 1:35 a.m. and I can't sleep. Maybe because I slept all afternoon?!

I am starting to get tired though. OH! Before I forget, a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to B and Michael, who got engaged at the Elmore BnS on Saturday night. I so wanted to be there! Congratulations, guys! You both rock.

Anyway, I better take off. Peace out, guys.

No comments: