Sunday, November 14, 2010

Loose change ...

So, there's a lot of stuff just rumbling around in my head at the moment, so I'm going to do a totally disjointed, all over the place post to get everything out and hopefully all will be right in the world once again ...

My aunty (the one with cancer) ... We found out a few days ago that the cancer has spread. It's now in her spine and her bones. The doctors have given her 8 weeks, if she's lucky. How is it fair that someone's life expectency can be measured in weeks? Weeks. It just seems so unreal to me. And how can it be Aunty E?? She's always been so full of life and laughter. It is just ... unbelievable. I won't be able to ring her when the Pies have a great win. I just ... I can't comprehend that she's really not going to win this. She can't beat this. How is that right??

So, work has been fun lately. *lol* ... Well, not really. I missed a meeting a few weeks ago because I had to take my puppy to the vet, and one of the guys got really pissed off and started treating me like I didn't even exist. Seriously, I was talking to him and he wasn't even acknowledging me. After a couple of weeks of this, I ended up going to the big boss, which was a huge step for me. I'm the most non-confrontational person on the planet, and I will avoid upsetting people at all costs, even if it means letting them walk all over me. But I'm glad I did it. It's shown me that I don't have to put up with being treated like crap. And it's made things a little awkward for a while, but i think things are finally settling down. I like being at work again. It's fun.

My dad had his 60th birthday last month. It was a big party, and although it was a disaster-a-day leading up to it (think I'm kiddiing? My uncle had a stroke. My brothers housemate died the day before the party. My sisters kid ended up in hospital. The day before we got a months rain in one day. Need I go on? Coz I've got more!), the actual party was awesome. I wrote a few months ago about my dad getting back into contact with his other two daughters after almost 30 years. I have two sisters that I'd never met. Well, now I only have one sister that I've never met. One managed to make it down (from QLD) for dad's party. It was amazing to meet her, and her two beautiful kids. She's such a great person. Since she's gone home, we've been keeping in contact by writing letters. She's eager for me to go up there for a holiday, which I can't wait to do! Especially since my other sister (the one that I still haven't met) also lives right near the sister that I have met. I'm so happy that it's all turned out so well.

Uni starts back in a couple of weeks. ARGH! *lol* I'm also doing some course thing through work, and that also starts in a couple of weeks. I don't know how I'm going to go trying to find the time to get everything done. Especially since I'm working more and more hours. Sometimes I feel like I'm never going to finish uni, like I'm never going to get to where I want to go. And what scares the crap out of me is the fact that maybe one day I'll get so used to the idea of not getting where I want to that I'll just settle. I don't want to settle, but I feel like it's taking so long that is it really all going to be worth it? ... Hmm. I don't know. Maybe I'm just looking for an easy way out. Maybe I'm just thinking too much :-)

I'm watching Offspring at the moment. This show really makes me laugh.

What else is on my mind ....

Well, there's not much else on my mind, to be honest. *lol*

Might be time to go do some brooking of myself, and then some sleeeeping :-)

No comments: