Thursday, December 23, 2010

Today was Aunty E's funeral.

It was heartbreaking ... And beautiful.

It was so very sad .... And amazing.

I think today was the day that it finally hit me. Aunty E, who was always, always smiling, is gone. Aunty E, who was always laughing at something. Aunty E, who was always chatting away about Collingwood and "her" Pies, is gone. Aunty E, my gorgeous, beautiful, wonderful, smiling, happy, Aunty E ... is gone.

Gone. Forever.

At the end of the service, we released black and white balloons for the worlds biggest Collingwood fan. She would have loved it. It made me smile, because it was just so her.

Tonight, the tears are still coming.

Aunty E ... I will love you and miss you, always. You were such an amazing person, and I was blessed to be able to call you my aunty for 27 years. You showed me how to laugh, and how to really live life. You always had a smile on your face and a hug for anyone. Thank you for being you.

No comments: