Sunday, August 24, 2008

Can I put my pants back on now?

Big headache tonight.

Had today off work, so I didn't do much. Slept in, went for a couple of long walks, did some reading, listened to some music. I also did a bit of shopping - got a Fathers Day present and put my sisters Christmas present on layby.

So ... I finally did it. I told my cafe boss that I wanted to finish up. I can't work there anymore. To be honest, I hate it. I don't feel comfortable there, and I have never felt comfortable there. When she opens her new cafe in November, I know she's only going to go back to super-stressed-out-mean-cow-boss. And, I like her as a person. As a person she's pretty cool. As a boss she sucks, but as a person she's nice.

So, I'm going to walk away now, while we're on good terms. She's happy to see me go - the fact that I had the office job pissed her off, I think. She had to "work around" the fact that I couldn't work on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday, which I don't think was that big of a deal since she only wanted me for mainly weekend work ... Oh well. Whatever.

The office has been GREAT. Seriously, I hate Wednesdays because I have to leave half way through the day. It sucks that it's not full time, but maybe it'll turn into full time if I'm lucky. They guys are always funny, and I love being in such a relaxed, fun environment. I work my arse off for them, because I want to. I dont feel like I'll get yelled at for taking five minutes to joke with the guys or like I'm being forced to work, you know?

What else has been going on ... Well, not much actually. Looks like I'll be moving sometime in the next few months - Chrissie and I are going to move in together. Which means that demon dog and I will actually be living together ... That's a scary thought! Living with Chrissie will be fun though.

Anyway, it's getting late and I'm working at the cafe tomorrow for a few hours so I should probably get some sleep. I'm out.

You hang in there sunshine, you're friggin special.

No comments: