Friday, March 27, 2009

Please, please write a letter ... !

** So. The Goverment is considering cutting the current Medicare safety net for IVF. If you go to that link, and look under "Daily Blog" (left hand side), you will find some email addresses of people to write to if you disagree with this proposed/possible change. I think most people know someone who has used IVF/is currently using IVF. My cousin, who is one of the most beautiful people I know, is currently undergoing IVF as her and her husband have been unable to conceive. They would really love to have a baby, and even though IVF is tough, time-consuming and expensive, they're willing to jump through all the hoops and take all the tests, to start a family. The cost without the safety net would make it almost impossible for them, so I'm totally against the change, only because I know how much they want a child, and also because I want a little person in the family to baby talk to :-) I've never done this before, but I'm asking you guys to please take action. If you want to protest against the change, please write to Kevin Rudd, Wayne Swan or Lindsay Tanner. Below is the letter I wrote, feel free to borrow it, or change it as you like. Thanks, guys! **


Dear ___________

I am writing to urge you to not change the current Medicare safety net for IVF.

IVF is crucial for many people out there, who are unable to conceive naturally. Nearly everyone knows someone that has used the IVF system, which is already incredibly expensive to conceive through, even with the safety net, in regards to time and money invested. To take away the safety net would be to take away children from people who are truly willing to endure all the highs and lows of IVF simply to get pregnant.

Once again, I urge you to not change the current safety net when considering what cuts to make in the next federal budget. IVF does so much good, for so many people. It is something that really does change lives, and something that wonderful should not come down to the money needed to make dreams come true.

Thank you for your time,

____________

No comments: