Monday, August 10, 2009

Meh.

So tonight, I can't sleep.

I know exactly why I can't sleep. And hopefully, writing it all out will help, and I'll be able to go to bed and get a good four hours sleep before I have to get up for work.

Yesterday at work, I got abused twice in 30 minutes by the same customer. Now, occasionally at work we will get a shitty customer. And to be honest, most of the time I don't let it bother me. I'll laugh it off, and by the time I finish work, it will be forgotten.

This was different.

I got abused when the guy came in and wanted a cubic metre on his 4x4 trailer. Now, usually we're only legally allowed to put half a cubic metre on a 6x4 trailer. So, smaller than a 6x4, can't fit a full metre on a 6x4, you'd think it wouldn't be hard to make him understand. Instead of him understanding, I got more abuse and swearing. In the end, since I was the only one in the shop, and I didn't want things to get even uglier, I charged him for a full metre and sent him over the loader driver to get loaded. I let the loader driver know, and he said he'd deal with the situation.

All over, right?

No. This guy also gave our loader driver an earful, and continued with the swearing/abuse theme. Then, 20 minutes after he left, he rang. And I copped some more. "You're going to lose your job/stupid bitch/f***ing this and that, you don't have these problems if you go to [other business]." And just before he slammed the phone down on me? "You'd better f***ing watch out. You better watch out [my name]".

Like I said, it's not so much the abuse (even though that was more than I'm used to). I can usually laugh at that.

What I don't like, and what's shaken me up, is being threatened.

I'm not worried about losing my job. I'm good at my job. My boss likes me. I love my job, and it shows in my work.

I'm worried about the "You better f***ing watch out".

That part worries me.

And I know it's probably pointless to worry. He's obviously a gutless coward if he feels the need to phone in his threats. But still. It's not rational, but I'm worried. It's probably being over-dramatic.

But still, I'm worried.

No comments: